The whole Universe is controlled by numbers.
Am I ever going to use math in real life? If this thought crossed your mind while sitting in high school algebra, then you are not alone. However, math builds problem- solving skills and uses critical thinking. I always enjoyed learning to look at a problem, whether it be math or life, and coming up with a plan. What an important skill to have in life. Math as a subject has always fascinated me. And so, it is no surprise to anyone who knows me that I have what I call “math brain”.
I don’t know where this love for the subject came from, but it has defined the path my career has taken me. I fell into the role of a bookkeeper many years ago. This role has taught me to enter, categorize, review and reconcile transactions in various accounting systems. Having sales and expense data properly categorized enables business owners to see how and where their money is coming and going.
Here are some interesting, amazing facts that involve math:
- In a room of 23 people, there’s a 50% chance that 2 people have the same birthday.
- Most mathematical symbols weren’t invented until the 16th century. Before that, equations were written in words.
- Forty is the only number that is spelled with letters arranged in alphabetical order. Conversely, one is the only number that is spelled with letters arranged in descending order.
- Four is the only number in the English language that is
spelled with the same number of letters as the number itself.
- Every odd number has an “e” in it.
- If you shuffle a deck of cards properly, it’s more than likely that the exact order of the cards you get has never been seen before.
- 2 and 5 are the only prime numbers that end in 2 or 5.
So why did I tell you these things?
Well, if you are a small business owner and you don’t feel you have “math brain,” your company may be doomed from the start.
As a small business owner, you may not have the need to have a full-time person in a finance position, and that’s where the team at Buying Time comes in.
You can decide how much assistance you need, we aim to become an extension of your organization and use our expertise to give you back valuable time while improving productivity through efficiency.
We stand behind our work, so give Buying Time a try, you’re going to love having more time to focus on your dreams!